PMA are the world's leading independent commercial property research company. Our team of over 50 analysts, drawn globally, analyse and forecast property markets throughout UK, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the US. Our clients include most major global property investors.
We aim to recruit and retain the strongest candidates to provide a first class service to our clients. Most partner and associate positions are held by analysts who started with us as graduates and we continue to promote from within the business.
We are a motivated company and our non-hierarchical working environment gives new recruits the support needed to expand their skills and become a valuable member of our sociable team. Whilst we are a hardworking company, we also value our informal and flexible culture.
Job specification: Japan Research Analyst
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic, hardworking and analytical individual to join our London based Asia-Pacific team, principally researching the Japanese markets. The role entails:
- Undertaking primary and secondary research of individual local markets, as well as an understanding of key national property market trends.
- Working as a key part of our team in the production of detailed city-based research reports and helping to guide our forecasts.
- Providing direct research support to our clients on an ad hoc basis.
- The current role is full-time and requires 2 trips to Japan per year. However, there is some flexibility in the role which could be adjusted to be suitable for candidates who are looking for either full-time or part-time employment.
Your personal attributes
- Language skills: you will be fluent in English and Japanese.
- An interest in commercial property: you will have an interest in property markets, along with broader economic and social trends. Previous work experience in the commercial real estate sector is desirable but not essential.
- Analytical: you will draw on excellent analytical skills with an eye for detail.
- Communication: you will have good communication skills, both written and verbally.
- Self-motivating: you will work independently from an early stage, requiring self-motivation and excellent organisation skills.
- Business skills: you will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and have experience of working in a European business environment.
- Well-rounded: you will be degree educated with a strong academic record. A rounded individual with a property interest is more important than the course studied.
PMA employment package
- Competitive London salary.
- Holiday entitlement of 27 days pa.
- PMA offer a progressive approach to flexible working.
- Life Insurance and Income Protection cover.
- PMA contribution to workplace pension scheme.
- Discretionary bonus based on company performance (after one year's service).
- In addition PMA provide travel card loans, bike to work scheme, eye tests, childcare vouchers. PMA is a friendly company and we have regular social events.
How to apply
- Please complete the online form by 27th October 2019. Only applications submitted through the online form will be considered.
- We are looking for applicants who are able to start around November / December 2019.
- Successful applicants will be invited to a first interview, which, if successful, will be followed up with a second interview and assessment.