PMA are the world’s leading independent commercial property research company. Our team of over 50 analysts, drawn globally, analyse and forecast property markets throughout the UK, Europe, Asia-Pacific and the US. Our clients include most major global property investors.
We aim to recruit and retain the strongest candidates to provide a first-class service to our clients. We continue to promote from within; most partner and associate positions are held by analysts who started with us as graduates.
We are a motivated company and our non-hierarchical working environment gives new recruits the support needed to expand their skills and become a valuable member of our sociable team. Whilst we are a hard working company, we also value our informal culture.
Job specification: Graduate Research Analyst: UK
We are seeking to recruit enthusiastic, hardworking and analytical individuals to join our UK focused team. The roles will entail:
- working as a key part of our UK team in the production of detailed town and city based research reports;
- undertaking primary and secondary research through visiting cities and meeting local contacts. This will help you develop in-depth knowledge of individual local markets, as well as an understanding of key national property market trends;
- providing direct research support to our clients on an ad hoc basis;
- taking an active role in the ongoing development of our UK services in terms of report format, data analysis and data delivery to clients.
Your personal attributes
- An interest in commercial property: you will have an interest in property markets, along with broader economic and social trends.
- Analytical: you will draw on excellent analytical communication skills, both written and verbally. You will also have an eye for detail.
- Self-motivating: you will work independently from an early stage, requiring self-motivation and excellent organisation skills.
- Computing Skills: you will have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Some knowledge of SQL is desirable, but not essential.
- Well-rounded: you will be degree educated with a strong academic record. A rounded individual with a property interest is more important than the course studied - we employ graduates from a wide range of degrees across humanities and sciences.
PMA employment package
- Competitive London salary.
- Holiday entitlement of 27 days pa (our office is closed over the Christmas period).
- PMA offer a progressive approach to flexible working.
- Life Insurance and Income Protection cover for all employees.
- PMA contribution to workplace pension scheme.
- Discretionary bonus based on company performance (after one year’s service).
- In addition PMA provide travel card loans, bike to work scheme, eye tests, childcare vouchers. PMA is a friendly company and we have regular social events.
How to apply
- Please complete the online form. Only applications submitted through the online form will be considered.
- We are looking for applicants who are able to start from mid-June 2020 into the autumn; we can be flexible on start dates. The current position is therefore not suitable for those just starting their final year of university in the autumn.
- Successful applicants will be invited to a first interview, which, if successful, will be followed up with a second interview and assessment.
- Please note that due to the volume of applications that we receive it is not possible for us to respond to all applicants.